Sunday 2 November 2014

Broken free of nightmares.?

After nearly 6 months of medication from my consultant I seem to have broken free of the regular graphic nightmares, which is wonderful.

I still get the occassional grim night but these are getting few and far between.

I confess that I do not miss these horrors, as they were terrible. I don't sleep well as I am just as tired when I wake up, but it's a start in the right direction and one I am grateful for, as there is simply nothing worse than these bad nights.
I go back to see my cinsultant later this month, so it's something good to tell her.

Yesterday I felt well enough to drive 40 miles in one go, and that too felt marvellous, as I was close to giving up driving two months ago. But I think that was to do with the problems with my eyes. This problem has also cleared, so I am still selective about when I do things these days.
I do not wish to force myself to do something, which may be difficult when I am having a bad day, as it only gets upsetting when it all fails.

Dementia can cause a lot of upset and distress, but we just have to accept what comes and get the best out of each day, rather than try to give in 

Take each day as it comes, and enjoy life while you can still do it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ken,
    I am really happy to hear that you're feeling better these days. I admire how your inner strength and resilience to face the ups and downs of dementia. You are a true inspiration! Thank you for sharing your thoughts in this blog. I am sure they are helping many many people across the globe who suffer from Lewy Body dementia. Surely, your daily posts are helping me to better understand what it means to live with this illness...

    All the best and a big hug from Italy!

    Eloisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind thoughts. Life is a struggle at times, but if am determined never to give up, until I have too. I am always interested to hear how people with dementia cope in different countries , so please feel free to drop me a line and let other people know

    ReplyDelete

I always say that we may have this illness, but we are all so different.

This is my own daily problems, but I would gladly share anyone elses, if they send them in,

End of the blog

After giving it a lot of thought over the last few months, I have decided to finally stop writing this blog now This is for a few reasons, b...