Sunday 15 August 2021

Lord help me with this illness

 Lord help me with this illness

I want to be as I was, but cannot turn the clock back

To understand what is happening to me,

To a time when I was in control over what I did and said

I know I have dementia and my life has changed

I feel that I am not in control of my life anymore

Nor am I am the same person, that I was before

I cannot do the things that I did before, or they are more difficult to do,

I do not sleep as I did before and feel refreshed

My dreams are not happy but things of terror from which there is no escape

I am not the same father or husband and that is sad

I may have done and said things which are hurtful

I know that many of the bad things I do are a mistake

But it does not help when it happens

Give me the courage to fight this and not to give in

As that would be too easy, and there is too much I wish to do

Some days can be awful, and some as normal as possible

Some, times I just want to sleep, and that would be too easy

But I know that I would not sleep at night

Trying to pray is becoming harder, as I can never find the right words

Or I cannot remember the words to the Lords Prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always say that we may have this illness, but we are all so different.

This is my own daily problems, but I would gladly share anyone elses, if they send them in,

End of the blog

After giving it a lot of thought over the last few months, I have decided to finally stop writing this blog now This is for a few reasons, b...