Sunday 15 September 2024

pneumonia and dementia

When I was working as a university college engineer, as i had electrical experience, but then i became ill,

and was taken to hospital with Pneumonia, something which was hard to cope with


It was at the time thought that i had a form of bacterial pneumonia but the tests were never completed, as the hospital was under a Government revue as doctors had complained about the state of the hospital then it was then closed down as the hospital was unfit for respiratory illness,


However this was the start of things going away from me, as I forgot how to do my electrical training and this hit hard and had me in tears, but that was only the start 


Then one day my daughter rang me and i did not know who she was, which was terrifying afterwards, as it was for her as we were very close, and still are


I had previously completed a new examination on the Electrical regulations, but nothing made sense any more.


I used to do estimates for all of the maintenance work in the college, yet I was having to count on my fingers as the calculator didn't make sense anymore


After a few more things went wrong I went to see the university medical department who sent me to see a neurologist for tests


I was sent to see a clinical psychologist who after 5 hours of tests said i was just lazy and not trying, after which my wife hit the roof and we went home where she rang the university medical department doctor who was livid, because she had told me to record all meetings and medical appointments, as my memory was getting worse, but after listening to the recordings she left the room and rang the clinical psychologist for an apology


No one seemed to understand what had happened to my brain or memory and it was very hard, especially when i left for work and forgot where i was going


Eventually I was told i had Alzheimer's, which was then changed to Lewy Body Dementia


Now it seems that researchers have found a link between pneumonia and neurological problems, which may have been the answer because this in turn causes or can cause Dementia as well as other things

From Blogger iPhone client

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always say that we may have this illness, but we are all so different.

This is my own daily problems, but I would gladly share anyone elses, if they send them in,

Lack of Services for those living with dementia

Many people in County Durham are saying that their are a total lack of services for those living with Dementia and their carers, where years...