Saturday 13 March 2021

Looking forward to the end of the lockdown

 I for one am looking forward to the end of the lockdown as it’s starting to become very stressful. My wife encouraged me to go for walks on a morning because my legs were giving up, and I needed to walk. 

However things like going to hospital etc add extra problems, which really drive me mad. This is because I wear glasses and hearing aids, and trying to remove a face mask, without pulling these off is becoming a nightmare. I have come close to losing my hearing aids and dropping my glasses, simply because I cannot workout how to do it all safely. 

Once the mask is on, it seems to get tangled up with both hearing aids and glasses, so they all come off in one go. When my wife is around she helps me, but there are times when she is not allowed to be with me, and then the fun starts. 

These things are expensive, as I was told my hearing aids would cost around £2000,00 if I lost them, which is frightening to think about. My glasses cost around £200.00 to buy which is bad enough. But I guess I am not alone in worrying about losing or breaking these things when removing a face mask. 

So I will be please when this is all over, although I understand we could be living with this virus for a long time yet 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always say that we may have this illness, but we are all so different.

This is my own daily problems, but I would gladly share anyone elses, if they send them in,

Trying to make the best out of life

Trying to get the best out of living with Lewy Body Dementia/ Parkinsons, along with comorbidities which make life so much harder, is becomi...