Friday 29 March 2019

Recovering from infection

Last week I wrote about the problems I had the previous week,   with very long memory tests which were done at home  over a one and a half hour period.

Then during last week, I felt ill and then my wife realised that I had another chest infection.

I am prone to repeated chest infections, due to the fact that I have Bronchiectasis. This was something that developed when I was a child, after a bout of whooping cough, measles  and mumps.

That I guess wrecked my lungs without anyone knowing, and that was made worse by a life working in industry.

Luckily for me I carry an emergency pack of antibiotics in case of emergencies, and these go with me when I go on holiday etc.

Along with this, I also have the added problem,  that I carry the Heamophilis influenza bug with me, something that is deep inside my lungs, and even two weeks of antibiotics does not kill it off completely

So I guess life can be interesting and certainly not boring.

I guess this is one thing that upsets me when doctors etc ask if I am stressed or depressed, yes I get stressed when I don't remember how to do things, or I feel rough and can't get out for a walk etc, but that's not depression and tgese people cannot accept this

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always say that we may have this illness, but we are all so different.

This is my own daily problems, but I would gladly share anyone elses, if they send them in,

End of the blog

After giving it a lot of thought over the last few months, I have decided to finally stop writing this blog now This is for a few reasons, b...