Sunday 19 March 2017

Lovely morning

On Saturday we went to Durham Cathedral to see the Treasures of St Cuthberts exhibition.

We were interested because our own Church, St Mary and St Cuthberts,  in Chester le Street was the original cathedral before Cuthberts coffin was moved to Durham.

I confess that I was not feeling too good, but we thought the change of air and exercise would do me good, so we went.

Getting up the hill took a few attempts because I was totally shattered, but in the end we got there.

I did not take my camera with me because of the need to get a permit which costs £15, but in all honesty I did not think I would be on a good state to use it when we got there.

So  I decided against taking it.

There is a small bus which runs to the cathedral from the bus station on most days, but we had missed it, and as the next one was half an hours wait, I decided that we should just go before the cathedral got too busy.

I enjoy being there because there is so much to see, and I never get tired of looking around as it's so big and full of history.

Next time we go, I will arrange for a photographic permit, and may well have a day there, so I can pace myself.

While we were there we saw a Cathedral stone Mason giving a demonstration of his work, and there were market traders selling local produce in the cloisters.

I can recommend this exhibition to anyone visiting the area, as it's a beautiful cathedral,  and the exhibition was stunning

When we got home I was very tired and slept for nearly two hours.

But it was a nice morning apart from my breathing problems

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always say that we may have this illness, but we are all so different.

This is my own daily problems, but I would gladly share anyone elses, if they send them in,

End of the blog

After giving it a lot of thought over the last few months, I have decided to finally stop writing this blog now This is for a few reasons, b...