Friday 6 March 2015

Caring staff

Although yesterday was a very long day when I went for the DAT scan, it was made a lot easier by the staff at the Royal Victoria Hospital who were very helpful and caring.

At every step of the day,the members of staff introduced themselves, and then went on to explain what they were going to do, and then explained what would happen at the next step.

This was a big change to some of the previous experiences at other hospitals, where it felt as if you were just another number in the room.

The scan itself was not a pleasant experience because I was in an awkward position through no fault of anyone but myself, but once the machine starts there is no stopping it to move into a better position. 

All in all it was a long and tiring day, but at least there were taxis laid on so we did not have to worry about longer journeys on public transport.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always say that we may have this illness, but we are all so different.

This is my own daily problems, but I would gladly share anyone elses, if they send them in,

End of the blog

After giving it a lot of thought over the last few months, I have decided to finally stop writing this blog now This is for a few reasons, b...