Wednesday 12 March 2014

Feeling much better

I have now had two good nights sleep in a row, and I am starting to feel more like my old self again.

The weather is also lovely and I do think that this helps us feel much better.



Today I had a long walk around the City of Durham, and went round the Cathedral and Castle and really enjoyed myself taking photographs as I went



During this I also had coffee with the local Press Officer from the Alzheimer's Society, and had an interesting discussion about future projects

Although I have been involved with the Society for a long time, I do think we need to encourage more new people to come forward, to help raise awareness, as many like myself are getting a little stale and long in the tooth so to speak, and we need to see new faces in the media.



It would be good to see a different slant on media work from new faces, and new ideas of what is needed. Many like myself have done this for what seems years and there is a danger that we may become stuck with our own views if we are not careful, rather than looking at the full picture.





 



1 comment:

  1. I have just read much of your blog after discovering it today. Our father was recently diagnosed with Lewy Body Dementia. In our "research", I am lucky to have found your entries and blessed that you have found the time and energy to make entries months upon months. Your life and your efforts are making a difference to me and, I am sure, hundreds of thousands others. I wish you and your family continued strength and that you find inspiration to continue your journey. We are afraid but blessed that people as yourself have forged a path we can follow to give us inspiration. With love from Canada.

    ReplyDelete

I always say that we may have this illness, but we are all so different.

This is my own daily problems, but I would gladly share anyone elses, if they send them in,

End of the blog

After giving it a lot of thought over the last few months, I have decided to finally stop writing this blog now This is for a few reasons, b...