Friday 29 May 2020

Lovely holiday in Scotland





Just before the lockdown, we had a lovely holiday in Scotland, in the Trossachs area, which was somewhere we went for honeymoon back in 1972.

I have no idea where we had stayed back then, but it was bed, breakfast and evening meal in a farmhouse, somewhere area the Stirling holiday

We always said that we would love to go back again, as its where our married life started off, but I guess I was worried because the virus was starting to get a grip of the UK

This time instead of the Ford Cortina car it was a tour coach, which was more relaxing, and the weather was lovely.

This time we stayed in Aberfoyle at the Rob Roy Hotel and had an amazing time with some lovely people, who were lively at times.

We went for a day trip to Sterling Castle, somewhere we visited on our honeymoon, although last time we were there we followed a snowplow, which was interesting, as I had been working in Scotland at the time, I was used to driving in the snow












I found the Castle to be stunning, and although I did not go-round with the guide like my wife, I wandered around myself and enjoyed myself


This time we went to visit the Kelpies, something that Janice was desperate to see, however, it was closed at the time, but we got a close up of them.

However, they can be seen from some distance away, including the motorway



After this, we moved on to the Falkirk wheel which was fascinating to see, both from the land and onboard a visitor boat.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I always say that we may have this illness, but we are all so different.

This is my own daily problems, but I would gladly share anyone elses, if they send them in,

End of the blog

After giving it a lot of thought over the last few months, I have decided to finally stop writing this blog now This is for a few reasons, b...