Wednesday 2 September 2015

Things are moving at last

It was June 4th when we heard that the consultant looking into my balance issues  had formerly asked for a second opinion, into my diagnosis of Lewy Body Dementia. 

After hearing nothing we decided to contact the hospital concerned last week, to see if I was getting the second opinion or not.

They told us that they had not received the original letter from the consultant, so a friend of ours sent a second copy by fax, and we waited to see what would happen.

This afternoon we received a telephone call with an appointment, to see a neurologist involved in Lewy Body Dementia.

The strange thing is that this appointment is for the same day, that I go back to see the balance consultant, but as its in the morning, I can still get back home to see the other consultant. 

I really do not think we will get an answer on my diagnosis at this appointment, but at least it's a step forward after all of this time, and we may get some answers.

What ever happens now I am starting to feel a little more positive, that someone will get to the bottom of this problem



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always say that we may have this illness, but we are all so different.

This is my own daily problems, but I would gladly share anyone elses, if they send them in,

End of the blog

After giving it a lot of thought over the last few months, I have decided to finally stop writing this blog now This is for a few reasons, b...