Monday 9 March 2015

CDDFT Hospital Staff who proved that they cared

A few weeks ago we heard about staff in the National Health Service going that extra mile, to explain who they were by name and what they were going to do to help you, and today I saw this in operation, and was totally amazed at how well it worked.

I went into North Durham Universty  Hospital for a hip injection due to my osteoarthritis and although I went in feeling nervous, I left feeling very confident in my treatment because they were so caring and understanding.

it was written in my notes that I had Lewy Body Dementia, and this was taken on board from the very start.
Instead of being in a large waiting area, I was put into a small side ward on my own, so I could sit with my wife until I had to go into the theatre.
I had a nurse with me most of the time and she checked up on me every so often to make sure that I was alright, and did not need assistance.

Every member of the staff including the consultant and his registrar came in and introduced themselves, and explained what they were going to do, and what to expect from start to finish.

Although my wife was not with me when I went into the theatre area, I was amazed that every member of staff spoke to me, in a very polite and caring way. 

Many of those around me intoduced themselves, and explain ed what they were there for, and even though I completely forgot most of this, I found it to be very reassuring and caring.

Even when this was all over and I had gone back to get changed, the consultant himself came up to me and asked if I was alright, something which added a very nice touch, because I had no idea who he was until my wife explained when he left.

The thought that he had gone out of his way to check on me, before heading into the theatre said a great deal to us both. Especially when he said the he looked forward to seeing me at the next clinic.

I have heard many negative reports about this hospital but today this was proved to be wrong, and if everyone is treated as I was, they should not be any more sad stories. I know that we all have different experiences, but today these staff were amazing

Today I had my faith restored in Hospital Staff and cannot thank them enough



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always say that we may have this illness, but we are all so different.

This is my own daily problems, but I would gladly share anyone elses, if they send them in,

End of the blog

After giving it a lot of thought over the last few months, I have decided to finally stop writing this blog now This is for a few reasons, b...