Wednesday 2 April 2014

To any daddy


To any Daddy

There are little eyes upon you and they’re watching night and day,

There are little ears that quickly take in everything you say,

There are little hands all eager to do everything you do,

And a little boy who’s dreaming, of the day he’ll be like you 

You’re the little fellow’s idol; you’re the wisest of the wise,

In his mind about you, no suspicions ever arise

He believes in you devoutly – holds that all you say and do

He will say and do in your way, when he’s grown up just like you

There’s a wide eyed little fellow, who believes you’re always right

And his ears are always open and he watches day and night,

You are setting an example every day in all you do

For the little boy whose waiting, to grow up to be like you.

 

 

I noticed a man in the congregation one Sunday Morning, who had not attended for a long time, while shaking hands as he left, I said I was pleased to see him.

“It’s all down to Johnny”, he said, pointing to a boy by his side.

We always send the children to church, but last “Sunday” Johnny was rebellious and said, he was not going to church, he wanted to play.

I insisted that he was to go.  “Very well “he said reluctantly.

I’ll go now, but when I grow up to be a man, I’ll stay at home, smoke and read the paper like daddy.  Now I was not sure that would be best for Johnny, I didn’t want him to grow up like Father was, so I am coming to church now.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always say that we may have this illness, but we are all so different.

This is my own daily problems, but I would gladly share anyone elses, if they send them in,

End of the blog

After giving it a lot of thought over the last few months, I have decided to finally stop writing this blog now This is for a few reasons, b...