Thursday 16 September 2021

Quiet Life

We have had a static caravan for a few years in Barnard Castle, and to me, it’s my own little bit of peace and quiet, somewhere, where I can relax away from home, away from the stress.


This is a place where I want to stay, and not go home, I guess because I feel safe and free to enjoy myself.


Even if I stay overnight on my own, I feel quite safe,  because I hear tawny, and barn owls during the night if I wake up, so I don’t feel lonely, however, we have found that I sleep better here than I do at home, which must prove something.


There is a small industrial unit nearby where they restore old vintage cars, so I find this very interesting to see, as I always loved working on cars in the days when it was possible to take an engine apart and rebuild it. Watching these people restore a vintage vehicle is amazing and something I never expected to see in my life 


I have also started to do wildlife photography again while I am here, but with this illness, it’s difficult at times to work out what is real and what is not actually there. There are times I could swear that I had seen something, but know it was not there, because the brain is playing horrible tricks on me. 


This in turn causes problems in judging distances etc and judging things like door frames, but I have found life so much easier at this caravan because of the stand-out colours, which is brilliant during the day but does not work at night when it’s dark.


My only concern these days is remembering to slow down, otherwise, I get dizzy when I stand up, and as I keep bumping into things its not too good.


But I am starting to feel as if I have found my ideal place in life, and that helps me feel so comfortable and relaxed, rather than being on edge at home 


We have no internet there so we rely on our mobile phones for contact with our family and friends etc, but this suits me fine as I can use the internet through my phone as and when needed. My medical appointments etc are made via the mobile phone, and our doctors contact me on the mobile, so it provides a little bit of freedom away from everyday life at home


I confess that this suits me fine because I can do odd DIY jobs when I feel up to it.


Although this is on the outskirts of a market town, I always feel as if we are out in the country and that’s something I enjoy about this. 



 

However, it will soon be time to close up the caravan for the winter months and I am not looking forward to that, but I guess all good things must come to an end, even though I sleep better out here than I do at home.



courtesy of speech notes which helps me to speak and write things down 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always say that we may have this illness, but we are all so different.

This is my own daily problems, but I would gladly share anyone elses, if they send them in,

End of the blog

After giving it a lot of thought over the last few months, I have decided to finally stop writing this blog now This is for a few reasons, b...