Tuesday 11 August 2020

its it's been a long few weeks

It's been a long few weeks, although I was l pleased that I did not have covid, just a bog standard chest infection, if that can be called bog standard 

My memory  and thoughts have been hammered through all of this, and I confess that it's been quite  worrying, not fully understanding what is going on.
 
I think I have been sleeping like the dead too which is frustrating as I am dropping off very easily, and can be out for an hour or more.

I have a reclining chair, but these days it's not easy to breathe when I am reclining, so it's a case of learning to adjust the chair to a better angle, and sometimes have a pillow behind my back. 

Coping with normal life during this Covid virus has been difficult to say the least, but the hardest part has  been getting used to wearing a face mask. Both my GP and Respiratory nurse said that i had to wear one, and its been very hard, but I need to be active so its got to be done if I want to go into a shop. 

As well as this, I found that even though I have breathing problems, and struggle to wear a mask, I was getting too much abuse when I went out shopping without a face  mask. So after talking to someone in Boots pharmacy, I found a mask that was bearable and easier to cope with. 

Life goes on and I can only hope that this virus moves on before it gets well out of hand 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always say that we may have this illness, but we are all so different.

This is my own daily problems, but I would gladly share anyone elses, if they send them in,

Dementia Friends

Years ago many people went on Dementia Friends training days, which were in some cases helpful to the people with no experience of the illne...