Monday 18 May 2020

keeping active during the lock down






Trying to remain active during the lockdown can be very hard through all of the restrictions, but I guess the physio session from the Respiratory Rehabilitation service over Christmas was very helpful

While this was going on, I was walking to and from the local hospital which helped quite a lot, but now the walking has been restricted, it is becoming difficult. 
Because I am not walking as far, I am starting to drag my right leg and foot but i guess this is  down to the weakness on the right side of my body 

We don't have a big garden, so I can't walk around that, and walking around our houses, is a risk because people are parking their cars on the estate, so they don't pay parking charges, but life goes on, and we have to fight it.

I have some small weights at home for exercises, which I use, daily to strengthen my muscles,  help with my breathing, and also have an exercise bike, but I am finding that my left leg is doing the hard work. 

No one seems to know what happened, as I was always right-handed, but now the  left side of my body is much stronger than the right,  and this causes problems, and also causes coordination problems these days 

During one scan, there was evidence of a TIA but did not know anything about it, so perhaps this was the cause of the weakness on one side etc.

Some time ago I tried swimming but found that due to coordination problems, I was swallowing water every time I moved my arms, so I would be better off as a submarine. 

Keeping active has to be a good thing all around, but each day is different, so it's  a case of taking each day as it comes 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always say that we may have this illness, but we are all so different.

This is my own daily problems, but I would gladly share anyone elses, if they send them in,

End of the blog

After giving it a lot of thought over the last few months, I have decided to finally stop writing this blog now This is for a few reasons, b...