Monday 10 November 2014

Amazing meeting

Today I was invited to speak to the Durham Diocesan Council of the Mothers Union, about living well with Dementia. This was held near to the beautiful cathedral in the City of Durham

I confess that I was unsure just how it would go, as I felt out of my comfort zone, even though I am in all reality an atlas member of the Mothers Union, in other words a male member of the Durham Diocese.

But everything went well, and there were lots of questions from people, including one lady who was living with Early onset dementia.

My wife and I then went on to do a dementia friends session, as we were trained to do this, and that was interesting. I confess that I am no longer doing this training as, I find it hard some days, so I just help out as and when needed.

After this  we went to the chaple for a short service. This was one of the first church services I have been too which was in many ways dementia friendly. 

All in all it was well worth doing and very enjoyable.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always say that we may have this illness, but we are all so different.

This is my own daily problems, but I would gladly share anyone elses, if they send them in,

End of the blog

After giving it a lot of thought over the last few months, I have decided to finally stop writing this blog now This is for a few reasons, b...