Sunday 29 July 2018

Restricted

I used to love walking, and looking at the countryside and nature, but these days I am restricted in how far I can walk, and I find this distressing 

I love watching nature and being in the countryside, but these days I can’t walk as far as I am used to doing, without constant stops.  

I always enjoyed the countryside because it was quiet and allowed me to think clearly without disruptions, but these days I need to be constantly watching where I am going rather than enjoying the scenery.

They always say walking in the countryside, is better than any known medication, but I guess that with memory, breathing and spinal problems, I am struggling to keep going. 

I understand that my height has changed so I have a constant stoop, which does not help very much, but I understand this means, I am looking down rather than up at whatever is going on around me 

This is probably causing extra problems with my breathing these days with the constant stoop putting extra pressure on my chest 

I had this problem around 40 years ago, and ended up in trouble at work, because each time I tried to look down, I fell over.

This also meant that I wore a neck collar permanently, and sometimes wore a back brace, and this virtually finished me, because I was totally restricted in everything I did, but nothing was investigated by the doctors, but it’s now come to a head

This has the added problems because of my rubbish memory, and one thing seems to override everything else. Trying to remember one thing is enough, but with these extra problems, I feel as if it’s all coming to a head.

As my wife always kindly points out, she always looked up to me because I was 3 inches higher than her, more than anything else, but now I seem to be looking up to her every time we’re close together, and this is frightening more than anything else. 

As children we always joked that the elderly shrunk as they got older, but I confess that this has come as a complete shock to the system. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always say that we may have this illness, but we are all so different.

This is my own daily problems, but I would gladly share anyone elses, if they send them in,

End of the blog

After giving it a lot of thought over the last few months, I have decided to finally stop writing this blog now This is for a few reasons, b...