Wednesday 11 July 2018

Horrors of the night return again

I thought I was beyond the horrors of the night, but they have returned all over again, as I explained in a previous post
These graphic dreams and nightmares, which bare no resemblance to reality, can be very upsetting and distressing, not just to the person going through this, but also anyone near by.
It can also be dangerous to attempt to bring someone out of one, because you can become part of the nightmare, and then suffer damage yourself as my wife once found.
They are also frightening, because it's like a boxing match in your sleep, only you don't understand that it's happening, because your arms and legs may be lashing out in all directions.
These things can also be very destructive, as I have demolished many items on my bedside cabinet, including two bedside lamps when were found in pieces the next morning.
It's distressing when this happens, because it proves the power used to lash out when we are going through one of these night mares.
I confess that I am terrified of being sent into hospital, because of the damage I could cause, not just to the property, but also to staff.
I guess anyone going through one of these in hospital, could be accused of abuse towards one of the staff, without ever knowing what was happening unless you woke up.
However it's not always easy to wake up from them, and sometimes when you do wake up, you are not sure where you are, as I found to my horror on quite a few occasions.
To me, I was in a different room and one which I did not recognise, and did not always understand who was talking to me, even though it was my beloved wife.
After this I feel totally drained the following day, and usually sleep for upwards of a hour after lunch, during which time I am dead to the world and nothing can wake me up.
However even if I can wake up from them, and go downstairs for a while, they can start all over again when I go back to bed.
A friend of mine called Barry, who lived in the Philippines, said he had many of these horrors and like me could not understand why he had them.
The brain is a wonderful thing when it's working properly, but it's not so good when it's causing things to happen like this.
However these days I try soothing music to drift off too, and make sure that I am not facing my wife, so she never gets in the way if I lash out, although this is no guarantee of her being hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always say that we may have this illness, but we are all so different.

This is my own daily problems, but I would gladly share anyone elses, if they send them in,

End of the blog

After giving it a lot of thought over the last few months, I have decided to finally stop writing this blog now This is for a few reasons, b...