Monday 23 April 2018

Lovely Tea Towel

My wife saw this the other day and bought it for me. I am not sure, if it's a hint to tell me to do more washing up , or something else I hope that no one is offended by this, as it's just meant to be fun

MY GET UP AND GO HAS WENT

How do I know my youth is all spent?

Well, my get up and go, has got up and went

In spite of it all, I'm able to grin

When I think of where my get up has been

Old age is golden, so I've heard It said

But sometimes I wonder, when I get out of bed,

With my ear in s drawer and my teeth in a cup,

My eyes on the table until I wake up

As sleep dims my eyes,

I say to myself

Is there anything else I should lay on the shelf

But I'm happy to say as I close the door

My friends are the same, perhaps even more

When I was young my slippers were red

I could kick my heels over my head

When I get older my slippers were blue

But I could still dance, the whole night through

Now I am old, my slippers are black

I walk to the store, and puff my way back

The reason I know, my youth is all spent

Is my get up and go, has got up and went

But I don't mind, when I think with a grin

Of all the grand places, my get up has been

And since I've retired from life's competition

My schedules all scheduled (with complete repetition)

I get up each morning and dust off my wits

Pick up the paper and read the 'obits

If I see my name missing, I know I'm not dead

So I eat a good breakfast, and go back to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always say that we may have this illness, but we are all so different.

This is my own daily problems, but I would gladly share anyone elses, if they send them in,

End of the blog

After giving it a lot of thought over the last few months, I have decided to finally stop writing this blog now This is for a few reasons, b...