After hearing nothing we decided to contact the hospital concerned last week, to see if I was getting the second opinion or not.
They told us that they had not received the original letter from the consultant, so a friend of ours sent a second copy by fax, and we waited to see what would happen.
This afternoon we received a telephone call with an appointment, to see a neurologist involved in Lewy Body Dementia.
The strange thing is that this appointment is for the same day, that I go back to see the balance consultant, but as its in the morning, I can still get back home to see the other consultant.
I really do not think we will get an answer on my diagnosis at this appointment, but at least it's a step forward after all of this time, and we may get some answers.
What ever happens now I am starting to feel a little more positive, that someone will get to the bottom of this problem