Thursday 20 November 2014

Response to yesterday

I was amazed at the responses I got to yesterday's blog, which someone else asked me to write. Why am I ashamed of Lewy body dementia.
 As I said yesterday, there is no way I am ashamed of the illness, as i have done nothing to deserve it or attract it. It's just one of those things that happens in life.

But I got some very negative responses from people and some brilliant ones.

Over all most people agree that I have managed like many other people to turn a bad situation into something well worth while.
Yes I know my brain is not what it used to be, and I cannot do the job I was trained to do, but the illness has helped me to move on and try to help others, who go on to be diagnosed with one form or another of dementia.

I have lost hobbies, and struggle with others, but I am alive, and it am able to do speaking at events about living with the illness.

While I did not want to write this blog in the first place, and would never have done so if I had not been asked to do so, 
But I suppose it help to put one thing to bed completely.

I think in the future I will be more thoughtful about the topics I write about, as this one took me two days to write, and even then I was unsure ifi had used the right words.

I will try to publish all of the responses, when I am thinking clearly, as the system is not allowing thus to happen for some weird reason.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always say that we may have this illness, but we are all so different.

This is my own daily problems, but I would gladly share anyone elses, if they send them in,

End of the blog

After giving it a lot of thought over the last few months, I have decided to finally stop writing this blog now This is for a few reasons, b...