Tuesday 6 August 2013

Holiday on the Northumberland coast

 
 
We have just returned from a wonderful and relaxing holiday at my Brothers Caravan which is sited on a private site on the Northumbrian Coast just North of Bamburgh Castle.
 
I found this to be the most relaxing holiday I have had for some time, just sitting watching the sea, and the wildlife. Watching the sky and the Sea changing colours as the hours went by.
I could not believe just how relaxing it could be just watching and listening to the sea.
While we were there we went out to the Farne Islands by boat and had a wonderful time looking at the large colonies of birds and seals 
 
 
Birds on the Farne Islands
 
Chick waiting to be fed
 
 
 
 
Mother waiting to feed her Chick
 
 
Birds on Outer Farne
 
Sunset from the caravan
 
 
 
Bamburgh Castle just round the head land. This famous castle has been used in many large screen historical films.
 
 
 
Mystical Island of Lindisfarne and Lindisfarne Castle., which can only be visited at low tide when the causeway is visible. 



  •                            
  •                                      Mothers and babies  feeding on Outer Farne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always say that we may have this illness, but we are all so different.

This is my own daily problems, but I would gladly share anyone elses, if they send them in,

End of the blog

After giving it a lot of thought over the last few months, I have decided to finally stop writing this blog now This is for a few reasons, b...