Friday 19 July 2013

Another wonderful honour

I have just heard that a dear Friend in has been awarded an Honorary Doctorate at the University of Strathclyde in Scotland, for all of his work in Dementia.



James McKillop has worked in and around the Dementia field for what seems a very long time, and a better friend or acquaintance you could not find anywhere.



I met James and a few other people at the First UK Convention for people with Dementia, when it was held at Newcastle upon Tyne a few years ago, and I was so inspired that I have never looked back.



He also inspired me to carry on with my favourite hobby which is photography, as he is so brilliant at it.



James and his friends on the Scottish Dementia Working Group, have done so much to raise the profile of Dementia in Scotland, and they also work directly with the Scottish Government and Alzheimer's Scotland, on Dementia projects



Its wonderful to see people like this being awarded like this, as they have done so much to inspire others to stand up, campaign and speak out about dementia.



Well done James

1 comment:

  1. Hi I am so happy I found your weblog, I really found you by error, while I was browsing
    on Digg for something else, Anyhow I am here
    now and would just like to say thanks for a incredible post and a all round entertaining blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to browse it all at the
    moment but I have saved it and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I
    have time I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the great jo.



    my web-site Maximum Shred Ripped

    ReplyDelete

I always say that we may have this illness, but we are all so different.

This is my own daily problems, but I would gladly share anyone elses, if they send them in,

End of the blog

After giving it a lot of thought over the last few months, I have decided to finally stop writing this blog now This is for a few reasons, b...